How to publish an ebook checklist & resources
Here’s a how to publish an ebook checklist. This is just to give you an idea and a suggestion on how to do it. Once you have written your book and are ready to take the next step, here it goes.
1. Get a model ebook and use it as a guide to lay out yours.
2. Edit your book checking for grammar and spelling. Good editing is one of the most important aspects on how to publish an ebook successfully.
3. Make index and organize reference materials used. If you use book publishing software, it’ll do it for you automatically.
4. Layout Design. Another tip on how to publish an ebook as for layout is concerned is to do it with the help of this Book Publishing Software that’ll layout your entire book.
All you have to do is upload your work from any format and place some images for personalization. It’s much less expensive and time consuming than to hire someone to do it for you.
5. Cover Design. Create the best cover you can. Great covers sell books. Here a great resource where you can design a great cover using this software for free once you sign up to a platinum membership.
6. Format. How to publish an e-book by converting it to the right format. Your manuscript should be converted into a PDF file for which you may use Adobe acrobat reader.
The disadvantage of converting your work into a PDF file is that not everyone has this program installed in their computers or devices, so it might cause some problems for your readers.
Or you may use this Book Publishing Software to convert it into an electronic publication(EPub) that makes your book readable anywhere in any type of device.
7. Price your book. Price is a key component on how to publish an ebook successfully. Make an analysis of its value, what other similar products cost on the market? Who is your target market? How much would they be willing to pay for it?
8. Proofreading. Have friends proofread your book and ask for their opinion. Then double check your entire work again to make sure is great. 9. Get testimonials from friends and professionals you know.
10. Distribution. If you want o learn how to publish an e-book using the best distribution channels use E-junkie. Upload your PDF file into their platform and start selling right away. It’s the least expensive and the best place to sell your ebooks or other digital products.
On the other hand, you might want to try Lulu's Self Publishing and Book Printing if you want broader distribution. They have tutorials that show you how to publish an ebook and other media.
It allows you to sell everywhere, particularly at retail stores around the world. In which case, you’ll need to get an ISBN (International standard book number).
One tip, don’t get your ISBN from Lulu because if you do, you won’t be able to use other distributors. You may get an ISBN at the U.S. ISBN Agency.
11. Promotion. See how to publish an e-book using a successful marketing strategy. An strategic marketing strategy for promoting your ebooks is E-junkie’s affiliate program. With their program you can recruit a sales force to help you sell your ebooks.
12. Design a website that’ll successfully sell your e-book, and in addition create other sources of income.
Self publishing ebooks as a business is very rewarding, flexible, and possible. You can run this kind of business from home with no hassle. The most difficult aspect on how to publish an e-book successfuly is marketing and promotion.